Plan your trip
What’s included, what to pack, collection etc FAQs
Our campers come fully equipped for cooking, eating and sleeping – we provide mattress topper and fitted bottom sheet for main bed (bring your own duvets or sleeping bags and pillows). There’s a comprehensive list of what’s included on each camper page.
Included within the camper van hire price is fully comprehensive insurance for the first driver, breakdown cover and a generous mileage allowance of 125mls per night/875mls per week. For more epic road trips any excess mileage is charge at 25p/mile. The insurance covers drivers who comply with the following criteria;
- are between 23 & 75 years of age
- has held a full UK or EU licence for a minimum of 2 years
- has not had their licence suspended for any period within the last 3 years
- has not been involved in more than one fault incident within the last 3 years
- has no more than 2 convictions within a maximum of 3 points per convictions
- has not obtained a BA, DD or UT conviction
We also include a sunshade awning at no extra cost and a camping table and chairs for outdoor dining.
Mileage Examples: Our inclusive mileage will comfortably get you to The Lakes/The Borders/Northumberland etc in a 3 day rental. 4 days will get you to North Wales/Southern Scotland/Norfolk. A week will get you to places like the Isle of Skye and the Highlands in the north and Cornwall in the south. If you’re planning to do the NC500 in full we expect to see you cover around 1300mls. If you do this in a 7 day hire this would cost an additional £106.25 over and above your inclusive mileage.
The campers will have a full tank of fuel when you pick it up. You should return the camper with a full tank meaning you will only pay for what you use.
We also offer a few extras should you need them:
- Large, inflatable “Drive Away” awning.
- Insurance for one driver is included in the price of the hire. Select the “additional driver” option if you’d like to share the driving with one other person.
- European insurance and breakdown cover, required for all travel to Europe. Please call to discuss European travel
- Tailgate mounted bike rack (2 bikes)
- Take your furry friends on the adventure. Up to 2 dogs permitted.
What to pack
We provide pots, pans, crockery and cutlery. There is also a welcome pack of tea, coffee, sugar and a pint of milk waiting in the fridge as well as washing up liquid and a pack of cleaning materials. We’ll also provide a few other treats for your trip…
You only need to pack clothes, bedding, towels and food for your trip. We recommend packing your belongings into holdalls or other soft bags as they will fit better than hard suitcases.
If you have any questions about what to bring, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Collecting & Returning Your Camper
- All camper vans are collected from Darlington, less than 10 minutes from Junction 57 on the A1
- Your camper will be available to collect from 2pm on the first day of hire. You will receive further information about the pick-up point once you have booked. We may sometimes be able to offer an earlier collection time.
- We will need a few bits of paperwork from anyone who will be driving the camper van: Driving licence plus 2 x proof of address (utility bill, council tax bill, bank statement) We will also need to check your licence on DVLA website. We will need a check code or your National Insurance number to do this. See https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence for more information.
- As with all vehicle rental companies we will need to check your licence on DVLA’s website. We will need a check code or your National Insurance number. See https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence for more info.
- There is a £750 security deposit due before you take the camper. This can be paid by card or in cash.
- You are welcome to leave your own vehicle at near our home pick-up point. There is well-lit street parking which is covered by our own CCTV. This is at your own risk and won’t be covered by our insurance.
- On the day of return the camper van should be back with us by 11.30am. When planning your trip why not spend your last night a little closer to us to make that last morning stress free. Occasionally we may be able to offer a later return.
Discount on Site Fees
To add value to your camping experience we are members of The Camping and Caravanning Club Motorhome Hire Scheme (formerly The Privilege Scheme), which entitles you to up to 30% off Club Sites and 15% off Camping in The Forest Sites. In your campervan you will find a copy of the Camping and Caravanning Club UK Campsite Guide which lists all participating sites helping you to choose the perfect location throughout your entire journey. You can also find details of their sites on the Club website www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk
When you’ve selected the Club Site you’d like to stay on, all you have to do is show them the scheme key fob, which you will find on the keys of your hire vehicle, on arrival to claim your discount.
How to Book
To guarantee your pitch it’s best to book. To Book your campsite please call the service centre on 024 7647 5426 for Club Sites or 024 7647 3008 for Camping in the Forest sites and let the advisor know that you are booking under the Privilege Scheme. A minimal deposit will be taken and upon arrival at the Club Site, your due balance will be discounted accordingly on presentation of the Privilege key fob provided.